Winogradsky column lab page!


File:Icons-flag-uk.png
Welcome to the Winogradsky column lab page! Students from the Departments of Biological Applications and Technology, University of Ioannina and Icthyology and Aquatic Environment, University of Thessaly, Greece and the Microbiology course, Faculty of Sciences, University of Cádiz, Spain, discuss their findings on Winogradsky columns they constructed!

If you want to add a post, please feel free to contact the blog administrators (Hera Karayanni, Sokratis Papaspyrou or Kostas Kormas)!



Καλωσορίσατε στη σελίδα των Winobloggers! Διαδικτυακός τόπος συνάντησης φοιτητών, φοιτητριών και διδασκόντων δύο Τμημάτων από την Ελλάδα: Tμήμα Βιολογικών Εφαρμογών και Τεχνολογιών, Παν/μιο Ιωαννίνων και Τμήμα Γεωπονίας, Ιχθυολογίας και Υδάτινου Περιβάλλοντος, Παν/μιο Θεσσαλίας και ενός από την Ισπανία: Σχολή Θετικών Επιστημών, Πανεπιστήμιο του Cadiz. Παρακολουθούμε, σχολιάζουμε, ρωτάμε, απαντάμε σχετικά με τα πειράματά μας, τις στήλες Winogradsky!


Bienvenidos a la pagina web de los Winobloggers! Aquí los estudiantes y profesores de dos departamentos griegos, el Departamento de Aplicaciones y Tecnologías Biológicas de la Universidad de Ioannina y el Departmento de Agricultura, Ictiología y Sistemas Acuáticos de la Universidad de Thessalia, junto con los estudiantes de Microbiología de la Facultad de Ciencias en la Universidad de Cádiz, se reúnen para observar, comentar, preguntar y responder a preguntas relacionadas con nuestro experimento, la columna Winogradsky.


Winogradksy columns

Winogradksy columns
'In the field of observation, chance only favors the prepared mind' Pasteur 1854

Blog posts

Friday, 29 January 2016

WinoColumn from Voidomatis river

Winogradsky column
3 months

Hello everyone, 
my name is Gogo Kokkou and I'm an undergraduate biology student in the University of Ioannina. Here is my winogradsky column 3 months after I received it. It was made at Voidomatis river. The date of the experiment was at 23/10/2015. 
My column  contains enrichment substrates, like pieces of paper, 1 egg with its shell and 1/2 sachet of baking powder. I mixted these ingredients with mud and I put it in the bottle up to the 1/4 of it. Then I added only mud up to the 2/3 of the bottle and some water from the river.
 Unfortunately, I don't have a picture from the first day of the experiment, but there isn't much difference. At first, I expected the column to change colour because of the growth of cyanobacteria and other kind of phytoplankton but only the water became blur. Probably, I have to wait longer in order to see some difference.
I will be back with a new post if I have any changes!
Greetings


No comments:

Post a comment